Chavara Cultural Centre-Kochi, a voluntary, non-sectarian, non political institution for study and service, established in 1971 in fond memory of Blessed Cyriac Elias Chavara , Founder of CMI Congregation. It is devoted to the synthesis and development of art and culture and promotion of faith in God and human brotherhood. Service of God through Service to Man and Nature is our Motto. This organization has always been in the forefront, organizing programs to prepare the youth to face the challenges of life boldly. The centre acts as a catalyst in the cultural arena and is engaged in organising national Festivals, Cultural celebrations , Inter faith Conferences, Seminars, Symposiums and Theatre work shops. The Centre has been named after the great missionary Blessed Cyriac Elias Chavara, the founder of C.M.I. Congregation.
SRVC (Society for Rehabilitation of the Visually Challenged) a registered charitable organisation, has been working for the welfare and rehabilitation of the visually challenged since 2002 based in Kochi, Kerala. Our major projects include formation of an orchestra by visuallychallenged artists which is named 'Heart2Heart', a Computer training centre in collaboration with Chavara Cultural Centre, CIIVC-SRVC, promoting Foot Reflexology as a vocation, developing and creating awareness of the sporting activities for the visually challenged with the setting of the first National Blind Football team which has been participating at International tournaments since 2013- more at : www.blindfootball.in.
By identifying opportunities available for the visually challenged and through training and empowerment, SRVC has made considerable progress in leading the vc to the mainstream of the society.Our major projects include formation of an orchestra by visually challenged artists which is named 'Heart2Heart', a Computer training centre in collaboration with Chavara Cultural Centre, Kochi , promoting Foot Reflexology as a vocation, developing and creating awareness of the sporting activities for the visually challenged etc.
By improving mobility , communication skills and knowledge of handling computers, the visually challenged are capable of handling any desk based jobs viz call centre, telemarketing, back office operations, medical/legal transcription, customer relations etc. Following are a few of the major achievements of SRVC:
- We have been able to train and secure employment for many visually challenged in reputed organizations like Wipro, Cisco, Cognizant, Taj Vivanta, Eastern Group, Red Bus, Muthoot, Choice School, Sunrise Hospital, Allianz Insurance, Bank of India etc.
- Heart2Heart orchestra has performed at over 200 shows with five held overseas, and all proceeds from the shows directed entirely to the artists. They have shared stages with many celebrities who have even performed with the orchestra.
- A three piece band which is a part of the orchestra, has a permanent job with Hotel Le Meridien, Cochin as the hotel lobby band for the past 8 years.
- VC reflexologists are trained and employed at Le Meridien Hotel, Kochi too.
- A Kerala Blind Football team was formed in 2013 for encouraging sports amongst the sector, as a debutant, secured the Runners up position at the National Blind Football championships held at Delhi in May'13 and in Jan'15.
- SRVC has been working with IBSA (Indian Blind Sports Association) to develop the National Blind Football team from among 12 teams playing in the country, which has been participating at various tournaments - the team is ranked 25th in the world) - more at : www.blindfootball.in